maybe I wasn’t clear, I didn’t change the content of RoboFont.app in 10.6 or 10.8, but I just made a link to the robofont-internal python 2.7 on 10.6:
ln -s RoboFont.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
Maybe that wasn't even necessary.
There is no output in the scripting window when the crash occurs. In the console, there's this message:
01.03.13 10:24:29,828 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: ([0x0-0x6d76d7].com.typemytype.robofont) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault: 11
And I've attached the crash log.
There was a nasty bug in glyph math
The result of some glyph math was always applied on the glyph data, which is not correct. It should return the result as a glyph object, so you can handle the result as expected: set it back in the source or store and used it somewhere else without the modifying the source data.
I will add -= += *= operation do the todo list