I think this has been asked before but I cannot find anything.
When generating an .otf and ticking autohint,
the output window or batch report will say
/bin/sh: autohintexe: command not found
for every glyph in the font.
Blue Values and StemSnap are set.
Hello again! My weekend robofont training (self imposed) continues, and I may have discovered a bug.
I am attempting a live update on the compatibility of two glyphs from different fonts.
The idea at its most basic could manifest as a red mark drawn to the glyph window canvas whenever the glyph becomes incompatible whilst you are drawing/editing the glyph.
I am using isCompatible() and a glyph.changed observer
It reports when I make a change to the glyph, calling a function that for now simply prints the result of isCompatible.
It works fine if I remove a contour, and it works fine if I add a point to an existing contour using knife, but it seems to crash if I use the bezier tool to start drawing a new contour.
I have a gist here, please try to replicate the error.
FYI I found the useage of glyph.changed in one of Frederiks examples (stencil preview), but usage of this observer appears to be undocumented, I would expect to be able to find it at http://doc.robofont.com/api/custom-observers/
So after running ufonormalizer on the files things seem to work. It takes a really long time to compile (about 10 minutes, though that drops to about 1 or 2 minutes if I turn off autohinting), but it does work. I'm not sure what ufonormalizer actually changed (it looks the same to me) but nothing crashes and there is a working OTF at the end of the process.
after you run the script, you'll need to close and reopen the font for the change to take effect. (I've just tested it again in RF3, works fine)
another solution would be not working directly on a server or DropBox folder, if possible. you could ‘check out’ the font to another place, edit, and then check it back into the server. (or use a version control system like Git, which works just like that; see this tutorial in the new docs.)
this is a known issue and already being fixed in one of the embedded packages:
this only happens with open contours...
an update is scheduled soon