I agree with you guys. My way of drawing involve a lot of "add extreme points + cleanup" method, and it is… painful to work like this in RF. Just a suggestion: on removing a point, maybe the opposite handle should be kept as is, at least? If recalculation of curve is hard, I don't see a reason why both handlelength should be affected. Am I clear?
(and yes, FLS' "optimize" algorithm performs well)
Well, just take a look at how the palettes behave in, say, Photoshop or, really, any other app that has palettes (Pages, BBEdit, er… FontLab).
In all these other apps, focus in text fields in palettes is active only temporarily, while you're actively editing text. As soon as you hit [return], focus goes back to the document window. If you click on a button or adjust a slider on a floating palette, the palette only has focus momentarily, and as soon as you are done with the click or the adjustment in the palette, the document immediately has focus again.
In Robofont, you often have to click on the document window in order for it to regain focus after doing something in the Inspector palette. I find this behavior to be non-standard and disruptive. It feels unnatural, or at least violates my expectations about how it should work based on experience with palettes in other apps.
There is probably something about this in the old Apple HIG (Human Interface Guidelines).
naming inside a file isn't a good idea: all files have be parsed before a menu can be build
will add some functionality to mojo.UI in the next version
from mojo.UI import getScriptingMenuNamingShortKey, setScriptingMenuNamingShortKey
data = getScriptingMenuNamingShortKey()
data['/path/to/my/python/script.py'] = dict(preferredName="my script name", shortKey="d")
Lots of character sets issues are solved and massively improved in version 1.3:
writing glyph order / character set back into the UFO in the lib public.glyphOrder
and while opening a UFO it checks if there is a glyph order in the lib
rearranging by drag and drop
hope this helps....
thanks again for this and all the other replies!
I did some minor changes (like printing a better report in the output window).
The latest version can be found here:
yeah, help is great, didn't know it was available. This will be added in the next version.
ps: a small workaround:
from defconAppKit.windows.progressWindow import ProgressWindow
## this is actually happening in the built-in 'help'
Looks like your connection to RoboFont ● Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.