SOLVED Not able to open glyphs in glyph edit window

• Hello,

I'm trying to solve this issue. Glyph editor window doesn't pop up when I want to edit particular glyph. It doesn't work even I tried to save it as the new font or export it as the new ufo file from different softwares. But the thing is – glyph edit window works in other softwares.

I attached probably damaged ufo files.

Thanks,
    Filip.

• It seems the problem is that some of your layers are called 1, 2, 3. RoboFont doesn’t seem to like that. In the console, there’s this message:

RoboFont[14862]: -[OC_PythonNumber isEqualToString:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fad4ce63150

Rename your layers in the Inspector window, and the glyph window will open again.

• Brilliant,
    it works now! You have my thanks!
    Filip.

• It seems the problem is that some of your layers are called 1, 2, 3. RoboFont doesn’t seem to like that. In the console, there’s this message:

RoboFont[14862]: -[OC_PythonNumber isEqualToString:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fad4ce63150

Rename your layers in the Inspector window, and the glyph window will open again.

• Hi Federik,

thank you for the quick respond. I tried it with shift down in "Safe Mode" you call it. But issue still there.

The problem is for all glyphs. It seems for whole encoding. I tried also add new glyphs. It doesn't work for it as well.

• admin

Hi Filip

do you know which glyph is not opening?

I would also try to launch RoboFont with shift down, RoboFont will not install any extensions, and check if this issue is still there.

thanks