SOLVED Find out what part of a glyph is selected

• Hi, can someone suggest a better way of finding out what part of a glyph is selected, besides iterating through its parts?

Right now, to find selected segments, I'm doing something like:

selectedSegments = []

for contour in glyph.contours:
       for segment in contour:
          if segment.selected:
             selectedSegments.append(segment)

I've seen that the BaseEventTool object can return a selection object, but I haven't figured out a way to test if the object is a segment or not

On a similar note, I'm not sure if some of the attributes/methods on this page just need to be updated, but RGlyph.selectedPoints gives me an AttributeError: 'RGlyph' object has no attribute 'selectedPoints'.

Thanks!

• @frederik sorry, didn't realize it's new to FontParts too. I'll give 3.2b a try.

• admin

fontParts was fully implemented when 3.1 was released, only this api was added afterwards. This is present in the beta and in the upcoming release.

• @gferreira ah, good to know that the selection API isn't fully implemented in 3.1. And yes—thanks for reminding me of comprehensions!

• maybe worth adding: list comprehensions are handy for creating this kind of lists:

g = CurrentGlyph()

selectedSegments = [s for c in g for s in c if s.selected]
    selectedPoints   = [p for c in g for p in c.points if p.selected]

print(selectedSegments)
    print(selectedPoints)

• @jesentanadi the FontParts object selection API was introduced in RF 3.2 (currently in beta). I think you are running RF 3.1?

• @frederik hi, thanks for confirming.

I'm still getting an AttributeError: 'RGlyph' object has no attribute 'selectedPoints'​ when I use glyph.selectedPoints:

0_1541186326170_Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.17.45 PM.png

• admin

to find the selection points:

glyph = CurrentGlyph()

print(glyph.selectedPoints)
    # on older RF
    # print(glyph.selection) # this is deprecated in favour of selectionPoints

If you need a segment selection you will need to loop through all the contours and all the segments.

glyph = CurrentGlyph()

for contour in glyph:
        for segment in contour:
            print(segment.selected)

hope this helps