SOLVED Can I open the Output Window from a script? What about from a remote script? (I'm so close!)

• Can I open the Output Window from a script? It seems to work when I do this:

from mojo.UI import OutputWindow

open(OutputWindow().show())

However, the script window also returns the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<untitled>", line 3, in <module>
    TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

This is particularly a problem when I try to open the Output Window from a remote script. I'm trying to use one line to run a Python script in RF, plus open the Output Window. However, when I do so, the above error ends up right in the Output.

robofont -p example-script.py -c "from mojo.UI import OutputWindow" -c "open(OutputWindow().show())"

Am I opening the window in an incorrect way? How might I do so in a better way?

• @ThunderNixon said in Can I open the Output Window from a script? What about from a remote script? (I'm so close!):

from mojo.UI import OutputWindow

I'm nearly positive that I tried that, and it didn't work, so I threw in the open() to see whether it made a difference.

The good news is, it's working now, so either I hit a temporary bug, or I formulated a false memory in my head. If OutputWindow().show() fails in the future, I'll loop back on this.

Thank you!

• admin

why do you use open(...)? this is the python way to open file as objects to read and write.

just use OutputWindow().show()