SOLVED Bezier handle question

• Sorry for the newby questions, but I've tried in vain to find an answer in the documentation. I have a shape that at a certain angle one of the Bezier handles turns blue. I understand what that means when it is on a line segment, but not on a Bezier handle. ?

• admin

the handles become blue when the oncurve is smooth, but the handles are not aligned nicely in the same direction.

0_1528453601710_Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.26.22.png

this can happen when something else has edited contour data – the editing tool has no support for detecting and re-calculating smooth points.

• @typemytype ahh, good to know. thanks!

• admin

the handles become blue when the oncurve is smooth, but the handles are not aligned nicely in the same direction.

0_1528453601710_Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.26.22.png

this can happen when something else has edited contour data – the editing tool has no support for detecting and re-calculating smooth points.

• right, I know about outline errors for almost-straight line segments:

outline errors (preference)

but @rabeu1 refers to outline errors being highlighted in handles – how can that happen?

outline errors (screenshot)

• admin

blue outline errors indicates the is something 1 unit off or less (that value can be set in the prefs)

• hi, thanks for the question.

I cannot reproduce the effect you describe… can you please post a screenshot?

thanks!