SOLVED Remote Scripting

• Hey there,

I think I found a bug in 3.2 with the remote scripting panel, though this could be just a mistake on my end. My remote scripting randomly stopped working so I tried to re-install the shell command. Though I keep getting a -bash: robofont: command not found in the command line despite restarting my computer, roboFont, and iTerm — and every time that I reopen robofont the install shell command is de-installed.

Thanks in advance,
    Connor

• admin

The file in your bin folder is a symbolic link to a file inside the app bundle. If you remove the app the symbolic link will not work anymore...

• For some reason, I have to navigate to /usr/local/bin and rm roboFont relatively often. Maybe like every six months or so? I am not sure if it’s each time I update RoboFont, or if something else causes me to have to repeat it. The good news is, this has been the cause and solution each time.

• I ran into this issue as well, setting up RoboFont on a new computer. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, because I think I tried to install the shell command previously, but got caught with something else.

Just in case someone else comes across this, I solved it by:

1. installing PyObjC with pip install -U pyobjc (I found out this was already installed)
    2. navigating to /usr/local/bin/
    3. deleting /usr/local/bin/roboFont
    4. installing the shell command again

• Oh I'm an idiot — thank you Frederik!

• admin

that is not a folder but where the command is saved. If there is nothing there then the command is not installed ;).

• Hey Frederik,

Sorry for the late reply...my /usr/local/bin/roboFont folder is empty despite your instructions. Would it be possible for one to share the contents of that folder and just place them manually?

C

• admin

The command is installed in /usr/local/bin/roboFont

Try to remove it manually, restart RF and install the command again.

hope this helps...

• admin

I see...