SOLVED Can I set os/2 font info (or other OpenType info) in script?

• TL;DR: the answer to my question is the spec at http://unifiedfontobject.org/versions/ufo3/fontinfo.plist/

It's very simple to set basic font info through script:

# Update the family name of the current font
    CurrentFont().info.familyName = "New Family Name"

This is great, as it allows me to efficiently update font info across many fonts, like this:

from vanilla.dialogs import *
    inputFonts = getFile("select UFOs", allowsMultipleSelection=True, fileTypes=["ufo"])

for fontPath in inputFonts:
        f = OpenFont(fontPath, showInterface=False)
        f.info.familyName = "New Family Name"
        f.save()
        f.close()

However, I'm struggling to set OS/2 info in fonts. My expectation is that something like f.info.achVendID = "ARRW" or f.info.OS_2.achVendID = "ARRW" or f.info.openTypeOS2AchVendID would work, but they're not.

This will be even more important for me to set the vertical metrics (usWinAscent, typoDescent, etc) how I want to across many fonts.

Ultimately, I hope to create one script that sets any font info across many masters (24+). Beyond help(f.info), which only gives partial insight, how can I learn the methods to set arbitrary font info?

UPDATE: Just before I submitted this, I found the UFO3 spec, which is just the master list I was hoping for. So, my question is solved, but I'll post this anyway, so it's easier for the next person (possibly myself in the future) to find.

I can set the vendor ID like this:

f.info.openTypeOS2VendorID = "ARRW"

And I can set the Hhea Descender like this:

f.info.openTypeHheaDescender = -350

• @ThunderNixon aw:) 💅

• Connor, I love you.

80d8728b-fe67-4a62-935c-1e8814eca429-image.png

• Amazing; two great replies! Thanks so much :)

• admin

cool!!!!!

• This is why I made these, no more remembering long font.info attributes:)

• admin

the spec is the place to learn about font.info attributes, also it describes where the values go to while generating a binary.

programmatically you can get all ufo3 font info attributes with:

f = CurrentFont()

print(f.info.fontInfoAttributesVersion3)