SOLVED RoboChrome: Traceback when trying to generate font

• Hi, I get the following error when I generate a color font with RoboChrome:

_export_to_font /Users/martin/Documents/Colorfont/Untitled.otf
    Exporting to /Users/martin/Documents/Colorfont/Untitled.otf
    Exporting SVG format with palette 0 ...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/vanilla/dialogs.py", line 118, in completionHandler_
        self._resultCallback(self._result)
      File "RoboChrome.py", line 191, in _export_to_font
      File "/Users/martin/Library/Application Support/RoboFontPy3/plugins/RoboChrome.roboFontExt/lib/colorfont/__init__.py", line 365, in export_to_otf
        self._export_svg(otfpath, palette_index, parent_window)
      File "/Users/martin/Library/Application Support/RoboFontPy3/plugins/RoboChrome.roboFontExt/lib/colorfont/__init__.py", line 426, in _export_svg
        font = TTFont(otfpath)
      File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/fontTools/ttLib/ttFont.py", line 122, in __init__
        file = open(file, "rb")
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/martin/Documents/supertype/Colorfont/Untitled.otf'

I get this with a UFO that I put together myself as well as the supplied example file CircleOfColor.ufo from @jens from here https://github.com/jenskutilek/RoboChrome

(I’m never quite sure if I should post issues like this here or if I should head straight to GitHub.)

• admin

he Martin

you need to generate a binary first yourself, see the docs of RoboChrome

Generate your font via RoboFont as usual. For the sbix format you need to generate a TTF, it won’t work with OTFs.

If you click the Export to font button now, RoboChrome will know where to look for the TTF you just generated, and will save a copy with a _sbix suffix.

hope this helps!