SOLVED Autohint not working

• Hello,

I upgraded to Monterey OS and Robofont 4. I have issues with autohint which does not seem to operate while using Batch.

None of the glyphs are hinted,

makeotfexe [WARNING] unhinted <A>
            makeotfexe [WARNING] unhinted <B>
            makeotfexe [WARNING] unhinted <C>
            makeotfexe [WARNING] unhinted <D>
            makeotfexe [WARNING] unhinted <E>

And I have this message in the report:

autohint Report

Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/fontCompiler/tools/compileTools.py", line 283, in _executeCommand
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/fontCompiler/tools/compileTools.py", line 333, in embedded_psautohint
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/autohint.py", line 891, in hintFiles
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/autohint.py", line 821, in hint_regular_fonts
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/autohint.py", line 476, in get_fontinfo_list
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/autohint.py", line 514, in get_fontinfo_list_withFontInfo
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/otfFont.py", line 1168, in getfdInfo
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/otfFont.py", line 1087, in getFontInfo
              File "/Applications/RoboFont.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.7/psautohint/otfFont.py", line 1015, in flattenBlends
            Ind      
    exError: list index out of range

I tried with different fonts, I have the same issues.
    Do I have to install something to fix this problem ?

Thanks!

• admin

• Batch generates fonts in two separate moments, first without autohint, then it autohints the font. The console log comes from the first part of the process :)

So, the non-issue is solved, Batch autohints your fonts if required!

https://github.com/typemytype/batchRoboFontExtension/blob/master/Batch.roboFontExt/lib/webFormats/__init__.py#L145-L154

• sure, i've sent it per email.

• admin

mmm, could you send me the ufo file?

• @frederik They are already set in font info

• admin

I guess from a quick look: you will need to feed it some blueValues...