RoboFont 4.2 is out! Lots and lots of bug fixes, user interface improvements and a few changes to the APIs.
Here's a list with some of most important updates:
- Layers management moves to a popover accessible from the Glyph Editor and the Font Overview.
- It is now possible to synchronize mark color, unicode and width across layers
- In the glyph editor, you can now jump to a component base glyph with alt ⌥ down + triple click
- The Space Center supports the
/?@layerNamesyntax. It shows the current glyph from a specific layer
- The Subscriber API gets two new shiny functions:
mojo.subscriber.listRegisteredSubscriberslists all the active subscribers
with disableSubscriberEvents()context disables all active subscribers while the context is active. This is especially useful to avoid circular events when a subscriber triggers another subscriber, that might trigger another one, and so on. Here an example on how to use it
- The SmartSet API gets a new editing context
with SubscriberEditor(). Check here a few examples on how to manipulate programmatically smart sets
- Save test installed fonts to a folder inside the application folder
- According to UFO3 spec, outlines can have an off-curve first point. It may sound silly, but there are reasons for that. Check the updated docs.
Keep in mind that the minimum macOS version has been raised to 10.11.