RoboFont 4.3 is mature enough to be shared with you all! As usual, lots of bug fixes, user interface improvements, and a few adjustments on the APIs. Here's the list with the most important updates:
- FontTools has moved to DesignSpaceDocument v5. Tools like Batch and Skateboard work with the new format, but they do not support discrete axes.
- Add support for ctrl ⌃ + alt ⌥ + delete to completely remove a glyph from a UFO (including layers, kerning and groups).
- Keep unsaved glyphs into account while testing external changes. It avoids loosing data not saved on disk when reverting.
- Add support for dark mode and new toolbars on macOS 11 and 12.
- Point coordinates are typeset in italic if "Slant Point Coordinates" is on in the Preferences
- Adding a guideline with shift + g + click with an italic angle will apply the angle to the new guideline
- Display dragging lines with the italic angle if "Slant Point Coordinates" is on in the Preferences.
- Add anchor popover accept slanted coordinates, again, if "Slant Point Coordinates" is on in the Preferences.
- Massive reorganization of the subscriber docs. It's now easier to share single methods with HTML anchors.
- General improvement on the mojo.UI docs page: deeper hierarchy, categories, overall review of docstrings
- Reload operation in scripting window are now undoable.
- Add Reset Beam to space center settings menu as alternate of "Beam" (alt ⌥).
- Add Omit Mac Names in RoboFont tab in the font info sheet.
- Update internal GNFUL list.
- Remove local FDK support.
Be aware that the minimum macOS version has been raised to 10.12.