SOLVED Disable single option of vanilla RadioGroup?

• Hi,

I've trawled through the Vanilla Object Inspector but couldn't find anything, so here goes:

I have a RadioGroup with three items/options. One of those is only available once certain conditions are met, so I was wondering if it was possible to target and disable a single option of a RadioGroup?

I guess I could update the RadioGroup once the condition changes and either display the option/item in question or not display it at all, but I'd much prefer it to be there, but disabled, so the user knows this option does (conditionally) exist.

Any pointers/leads?

Many thanks,
    Franz

• Yes, this is exactly what I need right now! Thanks so much Frederik!
    Franz

• admin

If I understood it correctly your want to disable (grayed out) an option in a RadioGroup.

from vanilla import *

class Test:

def __init__(self):

self.w = Window((400, 400))

self.w.allOptions = CheckBox((10, 10, -10, 22), "All Options", callback=self.allOptionsCallback)
            self.w.radioButtons = RadioGroup((10, 40, -10, 80), ["option 1", "option 2", "option 3"])

self.w.radioButtons.getNSMatrix().cellAtRow_column_(2, 0).setEnabled_(False)

self.w.open()

def allOptionsCallback(self, sender):
            self.w.radioButtons.getNSMatrix().cellAtRow_column_(2, 0).setEnabled_(sender.get())

Test()

hope this helps