SOLVED RF3: Converting UFO2 to UFO3 in SingleWindowMode crashes

• I opened an old UFO2 in RoboFont3 with Single Window Mode turned on.

I have a problem with saving it as UFO3.

Those are messages that I have:

0_1520863156102_Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 14.58.39.png

output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "lib/doodleDocument.pyc", line 199, in writeSafelyToURL_ofType_forSaveOperation_error_
      File "lib/fontObjects/doodleFont.pyc", line 198, in save
      File "/Applications/RoboFont3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/defcon/objects/font.py", line 753, in save
      File "/Applications/RoboFont3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/defcon/objects/base.py", line 383, in _set_dirty
      File "/Applications/RoboFont3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/defcon/objects/base.py", line 221, in postNotification
    AttributeError: 'DoodleSingleModeWindow' object has no attribute '_holdFeaturesWhileEditing'

• admin

This will be fixed in the next update.
    Planned somewhere around the end of the week or early next week

thanks!

• @gferreira Just checked this again... works fine when not in Single Window Mode.

In Single Window Mode, I can't save UFO3 or UFO2. If I specify UFO1, it allows me.

• @gferreira

I just realized I was confusing "Single Window Mode" with the "Merge All Windows" tab bar option under the "Window" menu.

Once I turned off the real "Single Window Mode" option, saving and upgrading my UFO2 files worked normally.

I do like Single Window Mode, though, so excited for that fix :) Don't know if that's related or not to @rbugden's issues!

• hi, thanks for the bug report.

I’ve made some tests, using different fonts. I can reproduce the bug described in the original post: error when saving font in Single Window mode (it’s not specific to UFO2/UFO3). I’ve filed an issue about it in the RoboFont bug tracker.

everything seems to be working fine in Multi-Window mode though…

@rbugden @matthew-hinders-anderson so, you can’t save fonts at all in RF3? there must be something specific to your fonts, or to your setup… let’s find out what.

Is it expected that Robofont will automatically convert UFO2 to UFO3, or is there another process for upgrading UFO files to the new format?

yes, RF3 opens UFO2 files and saves them as UFO3. no other process is required.

• Same problem here as well. Is it expected that Robofont will automatically convert UFO2 to UFO3, or is there another process for upgrading UFO files to the new format?

• Experiencing the same problem. I don't think I'm able to save anything as UFO3. Happens without Single Window Mode as well.