Unable to save UFO

• I am unable to save changes to UFOs. I'm using version 1.2 on a MacPro running Mac OS X 10.7.3. I'm also running it on my laptop, a MacBook Air, same version of OS and everything, and I am able to save with no problem there. (I hope this is okay with the license terms--I am the only user.)

I've been messing around with the program today, trying different things out, installing extensions and such. I think I may have screwed something up.

Basically, if I open an existing UFO, make changes, then try to save, nothing happens. The "dirty" mark in the close box remains. If I try to close the file, it asks if I want to save changes. If I click "save", nothing happens, the file stays open, with the "dirty" mark in the close box. The only way I can close the file is if I close without saving changes. After doing this, I can no longer open any UFOs, unless I quit Robofont and restart.

One other thing I tried was to create a new font doc in Robofont, draw a glyph and then try to save. The save progress bar never finishes. The only way out is to force quit. It does create a UFO, but it seems to be corrupt and will not open in Robofont subsequently.

• Sorry, didn't check that. As soon as I tried to save the file, all direct commands on that very file were blocked because of the saving-process. But I was able to open other otfs. So the programm was still reacting. I'll check next time when it should occure again.

Thank you anyway for your quick reaction
    R

• admin

Was there a traceback in the output window?

thanks, nice to know that bugs will solve itself

• Worked. I don't know why, but after working a bit more in the glyphs, i could save and open properly.

• I have the same problem as MarkSimonson:
    «…create a new font doc in Robofont, draw a glyph and then try to save. The save progress bar never finishes. The only way out is to force quit. It does create a UFO, but it seems to be corrupt and will not open in Robofont subsequently.»

Robofont 1.2, no extensions, combined with OS X 10.7
    Where can I delete the prefs?

Thank you,
    Ronnie

• I see. Thanks!

• admin

You can install hTool2 with your local python install. RoboFont adds local site-packages to its own system path so you can use local installed packages.

• It many have something to do with my failed attempt to install hTools2 (listed on the extensions page). I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I was trying all sorts of different things before giving up.

• admin

He Mark

The quick and dirty way is idd to delete the prefs.
    It has nothing todo with your license.
    Did you have any extensions installed?

thanks

• Never mind, I was able to fix it by deleting the prefs file.